I am Chuck Wooters.
I live in the San Francisco bay area where I spend most of my time studying/building conversational AI systems.
Current Position: Working on Conversational AI at DabKick Inc.
Some of my previous positions:
- Microsoft/Semantic Machines
- Siri team at Apple
- The International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) in Berkeley
- The HLT/COE at Johns Hopkins University
- Raytheon/Applied Signal Technology
- NextIT (now Verint/NextIT)
I received my PhD from UC Berkeley in Speech Recognition. This was an interdisciplinary program that incorporated the departments of Computer Science, Linguistics, and Psychology.
Last updated: Aug 2021